February 28, 2011
As promised, here’s a cross post of the latest work over at Transition States:
Plain and simple: recruitment weekends are awesome, if not a little bit overwhelming. Generally, there’s 48 hours or less to figure out three important things:
- Is this the department for me?
- Which professors would I actually want to work for?
- How best can I take advantage of free drinks, while not getting too drunk?
It’s definitely taxing, especially when you start mixing 1 and 2 with 3. With my first weekend down, here are some extensive tips I’ve rapidly developed (prototyped?) to not just survive recruitment weekend, but to really ‘overclock’ your experience.
See all the tips at CENtral Science:
In an effort to not clog up your RSS feeds too bad, I’ll probably only cross post here for the next week or two. So if you’d like to keep up to date with all things Chiral Jones, add the new site to your RSS tracker. Deal? Deal!
February 22, 2011
As aforementioned, I was expecting a move to CENtral Science. Finally: Transition States is go!
Blogging will slow down a bit here, but during the beginning, I’ll be sure to cross post (with plenty of links) so you can re-calibrate your RSS antennas. And I might drop the occasional ‘just-for-fun’ post here, too.
Thanks for reading this far, everyone. You’re all cordially invited to check out the new blog.
*If you’re well read in chemical blogging, you might recall the now dormant blog written by a fellow named Tynchtyk, A Chemist in a Transition State. We briefly debated using such a similar name, but after emailing Tynchtyk, and receiving a supportive response about using the name, we figured we had to. A shout out/kudos to you, Tynchtyk.
February 3, 2011
Just a little something I noticed today while trying to look something up about ACD Labs. This is current as of maybe 20 minutes ago:
- Sorry it’s a bit small, I suggest you view the full pic. Check out the first and last entries I’ve included from my screen-capture. Have a chuckle at it before ACD gets wise and fixes it.
- Either someone at ACD labs has a weird sense of humor, is a dissenter, or there’s some skulduggery afoot from a third party.
- Oh. Also:
Noun: Underhanded or unscrupulous behavior; trickery